Meet Jim: Our July Love Letter Bundle Recipient
Did you miss us?!?
We spent the last month pulling apart & reassembling the way we handle Love Letter Bundles so that we can blast even more love letters out into the world in the months ahead. Expect some big, massive, BEAUTIFUL changes to the More Love Letters site and the way operate.
Gang—in the spirit of one of our team writers, we are not looking to be a cluster of letter writers all over the world… We are on a fierce, fierce mission to be a tribe of letter writers, finding one another with light & love… Are you in?
If so, suit up! Grab your stationery. And have every intention to blast this letter request out to your networks. We need all the hands we can find with this one so check out the request below & get buzzing:
“This month we hope to deliver a large bundle of letters filled with support, strength, and love to Jim’s mailbox. Jim’s daughter Samantha requested an outpouring of love in her dad’s honor. “He is the kind of person who makes people feel good about themselves…He never had great wealth, but he was always rich in friends, loved ones, and experiences.”
Jim was diagnosed with cancer last year, and has experienced drastic changes to the life he once led. “He had to stop working, grew tired too easily, and lost the laughter that we came to rely on.” Samantha wants her father to be reminded by this Love Letter Bundle of how much he is loved and what a great man and father he is and always will be.”
Please mail all love letters to the address below with a postmark date before JULY 30, 2012:
PO Box 2061,
North Haven, CT 06473
FYI: We ALWAYS appreciate blog posts to raise awareness for these letter requests! Get creative. Pull out your glitter, write down your favorite quotes and REMEMBER: We all write love letters differently, own your love letter writing style…we don’t need someone else’s love letter, we need yours.
We also ask that you stay POSITIVE. UPBEAT. & SUPPORTIVE in your letters. Storytelling is A-OK but let’s not dwell on the negative, folks.
New to letter writing? Check out the STARTER KIT HERE!
Spread the Word
Get your share of Tweetables below….
Mission accomplished. Just wrote a #loveletter 4 the @moreloveletters July Bundle: http://www.moreloveletters.com/2012/07/16/lettersforjim/
Dear @moreloveletters, I’m in. My 45 cents is changing someone’s life today: http://www.moreloveletters.com/2012/07/16/lettersforjim/
The world needs far more than my own love letters… Join me +@moreloveletters today: http://www.moreloveletters.com/2012/07/16/lettersforjim/
And share the mission of Facebook:
The world needs far more than my own love letter. Please join me and MoreLoveLetters.com today to write love letters to Jim, a man who is fighting against cancer & could use your words of encouragement: http://www.moreloveletters.com/2012/07/16/lettersforjim/
More Love Letters One-Liners for the Month
- Support the mission of More Love Letters in a larger way by watching this TED talk by founder Hannah Brencher (she’s a global finalist!) and show your support through comments + ratings!
- Want to write even more love letters with your campus group or closest friends? Consider adopting a Love Letter Bundle today! More details here.
- Think you + More Love Letters are a Cinderella shoe fit? More Love Letters has just opened up the doors to partnering with other blogs, organizations and stationery crews. If you think your company or blog might be a fit for our site, check out our partnership page today.
Happy Love Letter Writing!
With crossed t’s and dotted i’s,
The More Love Letters Team
The nitty gritty P.S. kind of stuff…
- Think your friends and family would benefit from being on this email list as well? Pass them the link and encourage them to sign up: http://www.moreloveletters.com/get-involved/become-a-writer/ As promised on moreloveletters.com, we don’t want to live in your mailbox we just want to call on you when a love letter request needs some back up.
- You are totally our Juliets in all of this and we could not do it without you…. Speaking of Juliet, leave the mush to her and keep the love letters in the “friend zone.”
- Think you want to take on another love letter request? Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will hook you up with another letter that could use your skills. We appreciate all volunteer writers.
Oh, and P.P.S.
For safety measures, we will not display last names of love letter recipients or addresses. All snail mail will be managed through the central More Love Letters PO Box. We also ask that you do not include contact information within your love letters.
Keep the letters clean, no crude or inappropriate messaging will be forwarded to recipients. Please do not include monetary gifts.
**Photo Credit: Tiffany Farley